We are Looking for a Dynamic New Team Member
Reporting to the President and the Vice-President (VP) and working in partnership with other staff, the Program Associate manages a portfolio of grant applications and grantees across multiple interest areas including arts, social services, health and human services, education, early childhood and more. While expertise is not required in any of these areas, the ideal applicant should have a strong understanding of the philanthropic/non-profit relationship and a drive to be a proactive force for improving communities and helping vulnerable populations. Preferably, the Program Associate has an understanding about challenges specific to the Chicago metro area and a contextual understanding of the causes of these issues. The Program Associate also manages office technology resolving routine issues that do not need to be outsourced, assists in new business development, researches and analyzes potential business opportunities, assists with the maintenance of the IKA website and writes periodic newsletters.
* Manage and maintain a grant portfolio for individual foundation clients
* Communicate and meet with applicants and grantees both at the office and on-site visits
* Local travel and occasional nonlocal travel required
* Assess proposals from potential grantees and create written recommendations for client review
* Write reports on grantee progress
* Provide staff support to President and VP for client meetings and assigned projects
* Conduct occasional research and written analyses on philanthropic topics as assigned
* Plan business development strategies
* Assist with marketing
* Administer, update and write content for IKA website, newsletter and social media
* Serve as office IT resource for issues that do not require an external IT specialist
* Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred.
* Minimum 3 years-experience in philanthropy, nonprofit sector or related fields
* High energy, creative, well-organized, self-starter
* Have an entrepreneurial mindset
* Comfortable with Information Technology/ability to resolve routine IT issues
* Experience with website management and social media
* Exceptional writing and communication skills
* Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve
* Works well in a small team environment
* Ability to multi-task, manage work-load and perform under deadlines
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 per year, dependent on experience.
Benefits include allowance for health Insurance, vacation and sick days, ability to occasionally work from home* and somewhat flexible work schedule. IKA promotes a positive home/work balance.
Opportunities for professional development, growth and leadership
Full-time, Monday through Friday
Position starts immediately
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lauren Krieg at email@example.com by January 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Iris Krieg and Associates is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
* Due to Covid-19, IKA employees are working from home most of the time. We do go into the office on a staggered schedule. There is a parking garage next to our office and IKA is covering the cost of parking until Covid rates significantly decrease. Currently, all meetings are virtual.